Beginner Piano Lessons
Who Does Andrew Work With?
Andrew works with beginners who are just discovering the piano and want to master the basics of piano playing!
What can I expect from my sessions?
During your first session, Andrew will have a chat with you about your musical background including any prior lessons you might have had.
Under the guidance of Andrew, you will cover fundamentals technique, and learn to play and read simple pieces on the keyboard.
Throughout the course of your lessons, you will:
- Learn how to name all the notes on the keyboard
- Practice correct finger placement, hand and sitting positions
- Learn about scales, key signatures and chord progressions
- Practice playing in pairs and as a whole group
- Learn a wide variation of musical pieces and develop your improvisational skills
- How to read piano music, identifying where notes are on the piano and learn about musical terminology
Remember: these sessions are yours to use as you wish. Andrew will always have content planned for you however, if there is something particular that you are wanting to look at, let him know and your wish will be his command!
How long will my sessions be?
Sessions are available to be booked for 45 minutes, 60 minutes or 90 minutes.
Where is your studio?
My studio is based at my home in Warlingham, where I have a private teaching room.
Please see the ‘Get In Touch’ page for full details and directions.